FLASHcoin is designed for small transactions with rapid processing, high throughput and low fees. An average transaction takes less than 5 seconds to settle, with transaction fees costing less than 1/1000th of a cent.
This blockchain was first introduced in late 2016 and now counts almost 60,000 wallets with balances (as of October 2017). Use cases for FLASH include loyalty, advertising, small payments and payments to and within developing countries.
Because FLASH is built on the Litecoin code fork, development was rapid and focused on optimization of performance and governance. Many tools are being developed to support media and merchants. The code base for FLASH is very close to Litecoin/BTC and exchanges that support those coins will find FLASH integration to be very straightforward.
Exchange traders benefit from more rapid deposits and withdraws when using FLASH, saving time and money. Because of the rapid blockchain, these kinds of transactions should settle very quickly, bringing even more trading volume to exchanges that support FLASH.
Characteristics of the FLASHcoin Blockchain
- Coin name: FLASH
- Ticker: FLASH
- Algo: scrypt
- Number of Blocks: 158,000 (as of Oct 11, 2017)
- Total Supply: 900m
- Circulating Supply: 900m
- Minimum txn fee: 0.001
- Block time: varies upon blocks
- Ave. Txn Processing Time: under 5 sec.
- Type: Delegated POW + POS
- Secp256k1 ver: new
- Source Link: https://github.com/flashcoin-io/
- Website: https://flashcoin.io
- Explorer: https://explorer.flashcoin.io/
- Web Wallet: https://wallet.flashcoin.io
- Web Wallet Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Tamil
- Wallets supported: Coinomi, QT, Coin Payments
- Hardware wallets: To be announced
- Exchanges: Cryptopia (NZ)